We’ve all been hearing of people and/or brands undergoing crisis. But what do you really mean by crisis and when can it be assumed that a person or brand is said to be in crisis?
When something w.r.t to a product or service has gone wrong and the media has started writing about it, is when a crisis arises.
Crisis can be broadly classified under five categories:
1. People Crisis – When there’s an abuse of any kind , violence,unethical practices or fraud involved.
2. Environmental Crisis – When there’s an issue with emission or pollution.
3. Financial Crisis- Issues relating to bungling, bankruptcy, losses, bad management, unethical bribery.
4. Contamination- Issues related to food, drugs, adulteration etc.
5. Disaster – Any kind of crashes (aircraft,train etc), natural/man-made calamities.