We all love stories, be it listening to or narrating one. We all have that one person who always has awesome stories to tell. Din’t we all want to be one?
Now that I’m in a profession where everything is all about storytelling and keeping it engaging, it is very important to be able to come up with interesting unique and creative story idea. So, what makes a good story which interests people?
Here are 10 tips to make a story interesting:
- Practice writing regularly. With practice comes perfection.
- Keep take away’s in mind.
- Keep the story short.
- Everyone loves stories about challenges and conflicts.
- There should a beginning, middle and end.
- Have an element of human interest- Have a protagonist in mind.
- Be creative!
- Ensure good grammar, good language and punctuation.
- Try and incorporate stories that go with graphics and images.
- Keep stories authentic!